Application Deadline: 7 March 2019, 16:00 (GMT)
The Clinical Research and Development Fellowship (CRDF) esquema is jointly implemented by EDCTP (the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership) and TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
EDCTP will fund fellows employed by a sub-Saharan African legal entity (the fellow’s home organization) to be placed in European-based host organizations (pharmaceutical companies, Contract Research Organizations [CROs] and Product Development Partnerships [PDPs]) to be trained and develop specific clinical research skills of relevance to Poverty Related Diseases (PRDs).
TDR will fund fellows employed by academic and research institutions in any low- and middle-income country (including in sub-Saharan Africa) to be placed in pharmaceutical companies, PDPs and academic affiliated research organizations, either in or outside of Europe, to be trained and develop new research skills on infectious diseases.
On the date of the deadline set for submission of applications, the fellow should:
- Be a postgraduate (MSc or PhD) or medical/pharmacy graduate conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Have obtained their first degree within the 15 years prior to submission of this application.
- Have been a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the past 12 months in an institution with a registered legal entity in an LMIC conducting clinical research activities in the scope of TDR’s mandate.
- Must be a national or citizen of, and resident in, an LMIC.
The grant covers one economy class return air ticket (home – host training organization – home); a monthly stipend of approximately US$ 4000; a one-time allowance of US$ 1500 for educational support materials; health insurance and support to attend relevant meetings during the course of the fellowship, up to a maximum amount of US$ 3000, and access to an alumni website and to the Professional Membership Scheme for clinical trialists website.
A break at 6 months of fellowship may be offered to the fellow to return to their home institution to present to their peers the acquired training and scientific progress made.
The grant also includes provisional funds for reintegration, conditional upon the approval of a progress report and reintegration plan.
Procedimento de aplicação
The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An endorsement from the Director of the applicant’s home institution testifying the ability of the applicant to successfully undertake the training proposed and certifying that the applicant, if selected, will be financially supported as a leave of absence. The Director has also to indicate how the proposed training will strengthen the institution’s capability, to conduct clinical research upon return of the fellow.
- A letter of recommendation from two senior scientists/professors that includes their full name, address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address. Please scan and include these with the application.
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the WHO/TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships 2019