Prazo de inscrição: fevereiro 1st 2019
The ICP “Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries” offers a 2-year multidisciplinary master programme with a unique focus and approach to Road Safety in Developing Countries. The programme is supported by VLIR UOS and has 12 scholarships available each year.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Critério de eleição:
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet all VLIR-UOS scholarship criteria:
- Nationality and country of residence:
Be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The maximum age for a master programme scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2019).
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers bolsas 12 for our Master’s programme “Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries”.
Quais custos são cobertos pela bolsa de estudos?
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Seguro, viagem internacional e taxa de matrícula
Procedimento de aplicação:
STEP 1. Fill in an formulário de inscrição online
Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
Important notes for the registration:
- page STUDY PROGRAMME: select “Master of Transportation Sciences – Traffic Safety”
- page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren’t enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES of the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you have to select the option “YES” for “application for a VLIR-ICP scholarship”.
STEP 2. VLIR UOS scholarship application form
To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure. You will find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download at the top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page of your online application form.
STEP 3. Send hard copies of your application by post
- printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- hard copies of legalised* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- hard copies of additional necessary documents (certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, XCHARX): see checklist
* legalised/certified hard copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts.
You can ask your university to issue a new set of original transcripts or you can ask the university who originally issued the documents to make a certified copy of your diploma/transcript/diploma supplement. They stamp the copy, thereby attesting that it is a true copy of the original document.
Photocopies or digital versions of certified copies cannot be accepted!
to this address:
Universidade de Hasselt
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
Para maiores informações: