Prazo de inscrição: junho 30th 2019
UNU-CS welcomes recent PhD graduates to join us and co-create exciting research projects together. To this aim, we are establishing a Young Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD) Fellowship programme.
ICTD Fellows will spend one year in residence at UNU-CS in Macau to conduct research in ICTD under the supervision of UNU-CS Principal Researchers and the Head of Research. You will conduct high quality research that can push new frontiers, deepen core research understanding, and/or offer new approaches to long-standing developmental issues in the field of ICTs and sustainable development. Your research outcomes will inform UN policy-making on issues related to ICTs and sustainable development.
Os objetivos do programa são:
- contribute to the ICTs and sustainable development research field
- address global development issues in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- engage academic partners within the UN policy-making process
- increase our combined research capacity, global reach, and impact
- keep UNU-CS research abreast of new and emerging scholarship on sustainable development
- foster an interdisciplinary intellectual community
The selected ICTD Fellows will receive the following benefits:
- office space in our newly renovated office building, which is part of Macau’s rich cultural heritage
- free accommodation in UNU-CS’ staff apartment facility in the centre of Macau, a 15 minute walk from the office; you will not pay rent but utilities only (continuous residency is required)
- economy travel to and from Macau on the first arrival and final departure
- a stipend, competitive with local market rates
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, as part of the selection process.
At the end of the fellowship programme, the ICTD Fellows are expected to jointly or independently produce research papers and a UN policy relevant outputs.
Qualificações e experiência exigidas
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a Ph.D. or equivalent degree completed in a relevant discipline in the last two years
- demonstrated experience conceptualising and carrying out desk and field research in an area relevant to the ICTD field
- engagement in research relevant to UNU-CS’ research agendas
- excellent command of spoken and written English
- flexibility and the ability to work under deadlines
- the capacity for creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking
- a results-driven mindset
- great team player with strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. UN income is not subject to taxes in Macau.
Duração do contrato
This is a resident position on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU with the possibility for renewal of one (1) year subject to performance and funding availability.
This is a contract position falling outside of the United Nations Common System. The successful candidate will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations.
Data de início
4th Quarter of 2019.
Four Young ICTD Fellow positions will be filled through this recruitment exercise. An additional ten to fifteen candidates will be placed on the institute roster, which serves two purposes:
- If similar positions open up in the future, the roster candidates may be placed to fill the positions directly without duplicating the recruitment process.
- The roster candidates will be engaged by the institute on a regular basis through virtual conferences to share their research projects and/or to contribute ideas to the institute’s research agenda.
Para maiores informações: