Prazo de inscrição: julho 15th 2018
The International Photo Contest ”Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads”, taking place from 11 April to 15 July 2018, is organized within the framework of UNESCO Projeto Silk Roads, Programa Juventude da UNESCO e o eunternational Decade for the Rapprochement of Cultures (2013-2022). This initiative, which benefits from the kind support and valuable advice of the renowned photographer and humanitarian, Reza, offers a good opportunity for young people from different regions of the world to visually capture their understanding and impressions of the Silk Roads common heritage in their respective countries.
Visual arts serve as the primary communication tool for today’s youth. The power and importance of visual instruction in raising awareness for younger generations is paramount, especially concerning an understanding of key issues within the context of globalization. The Silk Roads is an expansive region, comprised of a network of maritime and land routes. It originates in East Asia, South Asia, and Southeast Asia. It then passes through the Central Asian sub-continent, the Russian steppe, the Iranian and Anatolian plateaus, and the Arabian Peninsula. It also stretches through North Africa and Northeast Africa, from Tanzania to Morocco. Moreover, it goes through Eastern and Southern Europe, before reaching France and Spain.
- Using photography in this way acts as a tool to highlight the significant historical contributions of the Silk Roads. Most importantly, it fosters mutual understanding and promotes peace amongst these diverse populations.
- O concurso é dividido em dois grupos etários: 14-17 anos e 18-25 anos.
- Participants are invited to submit their photographs, which will then be examined by selected jury members.
- Os vencedores do primeiro lugar receberão uma câmera profissional.
- Os vencedores do segundo lugar receberão uma câmera semi-profissional, e o prêmio para o terceiro colocado será uma câmera digital de modelo padrão.
- Além disso, os vencedores receberão uma viagem com todas as despesas pagas para a cerimônia.
- Aqueles com idade inferior a 17 podem ser acompanhados por um outro membro da família, cortesia da UNESCO.
- A travelling exhibition of fifty photos which best represent the spirit of the contest will start its tour in UNESCO HQ in Paris, before travelling to other countries.
Para maiores informações: