Prazo de inscrição: março 15 2019
Are you a change-maker, rain-maker, ground-breaker? Do you see opportunity, where others see crisis? Do you want to change the world? Jovens Campeões da Terra aims to celebrate and support individuals aged between 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create a positive environmental impact.
In 2019, seven young people – selected from every global region – will be named Young Champions of the Earth. These winners receive seed funding, intensive training, and tailored mentorship to bring their big environmental ideas to life. We’re looking for the artists, scientists, economists, communicators and entrepreneurs from all walks of life with big, bold ideas— for the environment, for humanity, for a greener future.
To be eligible to enter the 2019 Young Champions of the Earth competition (hereafter referred to as “the Competition”), applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 on 31 December 2019.
Additionally, each applicant must have at least 6 months of prior experience working on their environmental project.
Individuals who submitted applications in the 2018 cycle of the Competition are entitled to do so again in 2019. However, only one entry is allowed per person per year.
Critérios de Seleção
Following an open call for applications, UN experts will short-list World Finalists from every region. A Global Jury will then select the seven 2019 winners. Each winner will be expected to implement their big idea and keep us updated on their progress by producing videos and blogs that we will share on the website.
In parallel, up to 50 of the most promising applicants will be granted privileged access to an expert community of Covestro mentors. They will offer insights on topics ranging from communications and business development to project planning and financial management.
In 2019, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: one from each of Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia, and two from Asia and the Pacific. Each winner will receive the following:
- US $ 15,000 no financiamento inicial;
- US$ 9,000 in funding to communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalyzing on the ground.
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- Uma introdução aos dignitários na Cerimônia de Premiação dos Campeões da Terra;
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- Acesso a uma comunidade de especialistas da Covestro oferecendo insights e orientação; e
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
The 2019 Young Champions will be required to share their journeys through blogs and vlogs posted on this website for a period of up to one year.
More than just an honorary title, Young Champions of the Earth Prize aims to nurture the next generation of environmental leaders. Up to 50 applicants who clearly articulate their skills requirements and demonstrate a strong willingness to learn will be granted privileged access to mentoring opportunities. They will be able to seek technical guidance and professional advice from a broad community of experts drawn from Covestro’s 16,000 global staff members. These mentors will share their experience through webinars, thematic online roundtables and individual support.
Topics of strategic relevance such as communications, project planning and financial management, will be explored in depth with the aim of strengthening the viability and impact of mentees’ ventures.
Critério de seleção
In the first stage of the selection process, all applications will be
judged by United Nations experts according to the following criteria:
- O 3 Ps – The positive impact your big idea could have on the environment (planet) and society (people), and its financial viability (prosperity).
- O 3 Cs - Evidência de que você é um indivíduo curioso, corajoso e colorido.
- Compromisso demonstrado – It is important that you have already attempted to implement your big idea for at least 6 months and can outline achievements and/or developments to date.
- Endosso - A força da recomendação do seu árbitro.
Para maiores informações: