Prazo de inscrição: Sexta-feira, 15 2019 fevereiro
The Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) – Young Affiliate Network (TYAN), the South African Young Academy of Science (SAYAS), Sub-Saharan African Network for TB/HIV Research Excellence (SANTHE) and the World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP) will be hosting an Infectious Diseases Symposium from 27 para 28 pode 2019 em Durban, África do Sul.
The theme of the symposium on ‘ONE HEALTH: A focus on Infectious Diseases in Africa’ seeks to increase knowledge and build capacity in infectious disease research amongst early career researchers in the Africa region. The main aim of convening this symposium from a One Health stance stems from the growing global threats of epidemics and the need for realisation of a collective sense of responsibility towards a proactive public health regime.
This call is open to early career researchers who are based in Africa. Applicants should meet the following criteria to participate:
- Be resident in Africa
- Be early career researchers (those undertaking PhD ou um Bolsa de pós Doutorado)
- Be under the age of forty (40)
- Have research experience associated with infectious diseases. Clique aqui for sub-themes
- Commit to be present and actively engage for the duration of the symposium
- Submission of an abstract that will be the basis for presentation at the symposium
- Willing to present and share current research results at the symposium
- Symposium Participation and Application
ASSAf invites the submission of abstracts for oral presentations. Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned criteria should please complete the accompanying formulário de candidatura and queries must be directed to Ms Edith Shikumo (Edith@assaf.org.za) Tel: +27 (0)12 349 6614 by Sexta-feira, 15 2019 fevereiro. There is no registration fee to attend the symposium. ASSAf will cover the travel and hospitality costs for the selected candidates for the duration of the symposium. Visa costs (if applicable) will be to the participants costs. Further information about the symposium will be circulated.
- Abstract Format
Applicants should follow the instructions clearly:
- Abstract must not be more than 300 words (excluding Title, Authors and Institutions) on the attached form
- Abstract must be written in English
- Resumo Aceitação
Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel which reserves the right to accept and allocate oral presentations. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the selection process by 1 2019 março.
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the TWAS-SAREP Infectious Diseases Symposium for Young Scientists 2019