Prazo de inscrição: janeiro 6 2019
Dates: Monday, 18 February – Friday, 22 February 2019 | Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Thomson Reuters Foundation em parceria com o Media Development Centre is looking for Arabic-speaking journalists based in Africa who are motivated to understand how their country could be losing money via illicit means.
Wealth of Nations is a long-term engagement, and journalists who take part must commit to all elements of the scheme, signing an agreement to this effect. These elements include:
- A produção de histórias ou investigações sobre fluxos financeiros ilícitos
- Um esquema de apoio de orientação que ajudará a produzir essas histórias
- Treinamento intensivo em relatórios de finanças ilícitas
- The first workshop will take place from Monday, 18 February XCHARX Friday, 22 February 2019 at the Media Development Centre in Tunis
- Selected participants will be invited to a follow-up workshop from Thursday, 04 April XCHARX Saturday, 06 April 2019
Journalists will not be considered to have completed the scheme until they have completed all the elements, which include producing at least one story or investigation on illicit financial flows and will not receive their certificates until this point.
BENEFÍCIOS DO REGIME
- If selected, you will take part in one intensive workshops (5 days) covering illicit finance, reporting on companies, accounts and budgets, and investigative techniques. The workshops will take place in Tunis.
- You will propose one or more story ideas that you wish to work on within the scheme – we will provide experienced journalists to help you pursue your stories right up to publication/broadcast.
- Selected participants will receive modest funding to help them realise their stories or investigations; those who are funded may have further opportunities for training.
- Você terá acesso exclusivo a especialistas por meio de nossa rede de especialistas em finanças ilícitas.
- You will also have access to story ideas and editorial advice and will be invited to share your own expertise with participants from other regions.
- Jornalistas com pelo menos dois anos de experiência profissional.
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with investigative journalism, reporting on finances and/or dealing with numbers more generally. But if you have a strong motivation to learn about and understand these issues then we will consider your application.
- Você deve ser capaz de gastar um tempo significativo trabalhando em reportagens ou investigações sobre finanças ilícitas.
- Both freelancers and staff journalists may apply. Journalists working for a news organisation will need consent from their editor to take part. Freelancers should provide evidence that one or more media organisations will be willing to take their work.
- Journalists working in any medium or multiple media are welcome to apply (print, online, radio or television).
- Os jornalistas devem estar sediados na África e trabalhar para uma ou mais organizações de mídia africanas.
- Journalists applying must have fluent Arabic.
will receive a full bursary that will cover air travel expenses (economy
class), accommodation, local transfers and meals. Please note that you
need to check visa requirements and ensure you have the necessary
documentation required. The cost of your visa and any other related
costs will be the responsibility of the participant.
- Two work samples
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation
Please have these ready before you begin the form.
Para maiores informações: