Prazo de inscrição: abril 30th 2019
O Instituto Franklin seeks nominations for the 2020 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science of individuals who have made significant contributions to the development of neural networks for machine learning—hardware or software systems designed as networks of artificial neurons that can be given raw data and trained to automatically discover abstract features that are relevant to detection, classification, or translation, resulting in desired outputs. Inputs could include text (machine translation), audio (speech recognition), or imagery (face recognition, scene understanding, photo sorting, image synthesis).
Outputs could include categorical labels, structured outputs, or actuator commands. Such artificial neural networks have yielded effective approaches to solving a wide spectrum of challenging practical problems resistant to solution using earlier algorithmic machine learning techniques.
Nominations are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following subtopics:
- Network architectures: layered, recurrent, self-organizing, convolutional, long short-term memory, auto encoders, deep networks
- Training or learning methods: cooperative, competitive, back propagation of errors, supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement, adaptive resonance, generative adversarial
- Network implementation: analog, digital, stochastic, energy-efficient, hardware-accelerated
- Broad applications: speech recognition, language translation, face recognition, scene understanding, photo sorting, reading print or handwriting, medical image diagnosis, autonomous vehicles, drug delivery design, question answering, web searches, game playing
Nominations should clearly indicate the scientific impact—innovative, technical, and/or conceptual—and, when applicable, the societal impact of the nominee’s work.
- This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
- Este prêmio e prêmio deve ser apresentado a um indivíduo, conforme especificado pela vontade de Henry Bower.
- Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2020 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Indicações de qualquer indivíduo ou organização serão aceitas, incluindo auto-indicações.
- Um e-mail de intenção de nomear seria apreciado até abril 30, 2019.
Procedimento de Nomeação:
An email of intent to nominate received by April 30, 2019 would be appreciated.
As indicações devem ser enviadas em inglês e devem incluir:
- Name and contact information of nominee
- Nome e informação de contato do nominator
- Curriculum vitae do candidato e bibliografia de publicações relevantes e relevantes
- Proposta de citação de palavras 50 ou menos, destacando a (s) conquista (s) para as quais o candidato é nomeado
- Narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Four confidential letters of support requested by the nominator, sent directly to The Franklin Institute Awards Office
- Deadline for completed nominations is May 31, 2019
All nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:
Diretor, The Franklin Institute Awards
O Instituto Franklin
222 Norte 20th Rua
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194
E-mail: [Email protegido]
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Franklin Institute Bower Award & Prize 2020