Prazo de inscrição: 5pm on 14 September 2018 (Seoul time).
The African Development Institute of the African Development Bank has announced the implementation of the Next African Global IT Leaders Program under the aegis of the Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation (KOAFEC) Knowledge Sharing Program (KSP).
The objective of the program is to create a critical mass of highly trained professionals in ICT across the African continent at the level of Global IT experts.
The program is designed to expose mid-career professionals in African countries to the latest techniques and knowledge available through graduate studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, the announcement said.
Upon completion of their studies, the scholars would return to their home countries in order to apply and to disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills to enhance the socio-economic development of their countries.
This two-year Master’s degree program in Information Technology provides integrated courses focused on the IT technologies and strategies of Korea.
It also avails opportunities for networking with Korean IT industrial companies through classes and seminars; field trips to traditional sites to experience Korean culture and history; and on-site workshops at IT companies to take a view of the scene of Korea’s IT industry.
- KAIST scholarship recipients will be announced with the admission result.
The scholarship amount and conditions are set prior to student enrollment based on the merits of the applicant.
- The KAIST Scholarship Committee will examine further exemption of tuition and fees every year. KAIST scholarship recipients are generally exempt from paying tuition and fees. A monthly allowance of 350,000 KRW for Master’s course students and 400,000KRW for Doctoral degree course students and the National Health Insurance fee are supported by the recipient’s advisor/department.
A rigorous student selection program is in place that targets employees in the field of ICT in public and private sector in the Bank’s Regional Member Countries. Applicants should additionally have the following qualifications:
- A certified bachelor`s degree in an IT-related area
- A certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL (iBT 83, PBT 560, CBT 220), IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher). These should have been taken at least two years ahead of the deadline of the application
- A public official, employee of public institutions or senior-level researcher at national research institutes working in the IT fields.
- This program is not available to Korean citizens, including Koreans who hold dual citizenship.
Para maiores informações: