Application Deadline: 09:00PM EST on February 1, 2019.
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
Since 2012, TechGirls trained and mentored 186 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen. The core of the program is a three-week experience in the United States. In 2019, the program expands to include 24 young women from Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.)
TechGirls participate in an interactive technology and computer camp (with US Girls), join a tech company for a day of job shadowing, and participate in community service initiatives. There is a TechGirls multiplier effect – inspiring others in their local community to pursue Stem.
2019 Eligibility Requirements
Students eligible to apply are those who:
- Are from one of the following eligible countries:
- Estados Unidos
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Pretende prosseguir o ensino superior e / ou carreiras em tecnologia;
- Ter fortes habilidades na língua inglesa;
- Exiba maturidade, flexibilidade e abertura de espírito;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
Please note that family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff or Departamento de Estado dos EUA employees are not eligible to apply.
TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Passagem aérea internacional de ida e volta do país de origem do participante para os Estados Unidos
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy hotel or dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transporte local para eventos do programa de grupo
- Eventos culturais organizados pela Legacy International
- Seguro de saúde de emergência
Linha do tempo:
- The 2019 TechGirls application opened on December 1, 2018 and closes at 09:00PM EST on February 1, 2019.
- Semifinalists will be contacted via email in/around March 1 for the next stage of interviews. Final decisions will be made in mid-April.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
Para maiores informações: