Prazo de inscrição: Novembro 9, 2018
STAR-Ghana is implementing a non-grant strategy to enhance civil society sustainability. The objective of the strategy is to advance the sustainability of civil society organisations with regard to their legitimacy and mandate, organisational competencies and financial resources. Sustainability in this sense entails reforms and shifts in the way civil society organisations are doing business. Some of these reforms will include formulating and implementing institutional and financial sustainability strategies, leadership succession planning and capacity building to make civil society organisations and the sector more robust in the long term.
Organisational sustainability demands planning, which involves continuously analysing contexts and emerging threats, adopting appropriate mitigation strategies, and being strategically opportunistic. By investing in leadership development, STAR-Ghana seeks to contribute to building a mass of civil society actors with the necessary competence and practice skills to navigate the relationships between four aspects of sustainability in organisation development:
- foco impacto – attending to changes/improvements in the quality o lives and the dynamics of human interactions
- Strategy focus – attending to the choice of priorities and pathways that enable threat mitigation and strategic opportunism
- Resource focus – attending to the leveraging and management of human and financial resources to ensure stability, growth, adaptive learning and change
- Regeneração – attending to succession, agility, renewal, and continued relevance
STAR-Ghana’s leadership development programme seeks to support the emergence of a critical mass of civil society leaders who are able to facilitate civil society and CSOs responses to the challenges of sustainability of the sector. It will promote the acquisition and practice of leadership competencies, cognitive and behavioural, to manage and steer complex challenges that civil society organisations and the civil society sector face.
Methodology and Overview
The Leadership Development Programme will combine face-to-face training and coaching with practice learning, and performance review over a period of 12 months, starting in December 2018 and ending in December 2019. The programme will be anchored in experiential adult learning, and action research methodologies, informed by systems thinking, complexity theory and the management of emergence and complex adaptive social systems, in the context of the continuous interplay between change and resistances in organisations and human systems.
The programme will use 360-degrees leadership competence assessment processes to enable participants establish and track their personal growth and leadership development process as they learn through the coaching, leadership and organisational culture change processes. These competences will comprise technical/hard skills and behavioural/soft skills, including self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management, all framed within current realities and emerging context of civil society. Attention is given to the programme to raise awareness and provide skills practice in how to manage the leadership-followership dynamics towards the development of succession plans and organisational sustainability frameworks.
Criteria for selection of participants for LDP;
- Seniority and in a decision-making role at the strategic level within organization
- Demonstrated professional and leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate/lead change processes within the organization and to mentor/coach others
- Levels of self-awareness reflected in responses to questions in the application form
- Motivation to learn and commit to change
- Organizational commitment and approval for staff to participate
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants are as follows:
- Must be staff of a current grant partner of STAR-Ghana
- Must be part of senior management team of organization
Women and persons from socially excluded groups are encouraged to apply.
STAR-Ghana will cover the following costs:
(1) Resource persons who will facilitate the modules and provide coaching support to participants;
(2) Workshop expenses, including venue, meals and accommodation;
(3) Reference material.
Participants will be expected to cover travel cost to participate in the workshops and any other activities related to LDP.
- Visite: http://www.star-ghana.org/learning/call-documents/adverts
- Faça o download e complete o Leadership Development Programme (LDP) Application Form.
- Send completed application form to: [Email protegido]
Para maiores informações: