Application Deadline: 6 February 2019
SEED Foundation has launched a call for projects 2019 “AFRICAN TERROIRS” that aims to promote the local resources of the African soils (products local agricultural practices, agricultural practices, know-how, etc.) and optimize their management to support their role in the development of family farming in Africa.
SEED Foundation wants to support projects to maintain diversity of resources terroirs while offering opportunities for transformation and innovation of the agricultural system. This theme meets the challenges of standardization and homogenisation of practices and the loss of diversity of agri-food chains. Applicant’s project will therefore aim to address the following issues:
- To what extent can local land resources respond to challenges of an agricultural system (job creation, better meeting the demand local, etc.)?
- How to maintain the diversity of agricultural practices, for the purpose of protection different forms of ecosystem production and resilience?
- How to develop efficient and less efficient agricultural production systems consumers of natural and financial resources?
- How to support the development and diversity of local sectors, production until the marketing of the finished product?
Priorities for action
- Project Staffing / Total Project Budget: Priority will be given to projects where the SEED Foundation endowment is balanced in the budget and the funding plan.
- Sector aspect: Priority will be given to projects acting on several stages of the sector.
- Viabilidade: The capacities of the project leader and the local partner, the local anchoring and coherence with the context of the zone, the coherence of the budget and the financial arrangement.
- Relevância: The respect of the objectives of sustainable development, the expected impacts of the project and the existence of evaluation mechanisms.
- sustentabilidade: The prospects and long-term vision of the project, particularly through valuation and capitalization.
Informação de financiamento
- Funding awarded per project: between € 7,000 and € 15,000
- Overall envelope: 45,000 €
- Share of the total project budget allocation: between 10% and 70%, ie a total budget of project between € 10,000 and € 150,000
Eligibility of the application
- Project duration between 24 and 36 months
- The pre-project stages must already have been completed: feasibility study, diagnosis, market study, project drafting
- Spread the allocation over a maximum of 3 years and ensure that it represents between 10% and 70% of the total project budget, ie a total project budget of between € 10,000 and € 150,000.
- If the project fits into a larger program, the SEED Foundation team will ensure that its dimensions remain at the scale of its grant.
Eligibility of the holders
- The French organization
- Issue CERFA tax receipts
- Have experience in the field of agricultural development in Africa
- Submit only one project per call
- Not to be a SEED Foundation partner (project currently underway)
- Not to be a student association
- The African organization
- Being a non-profit organization
- Participate actively in the project
- Be able to continue the process after the support
Eligibility of the project
- Being in an eligible African country (mentioned above)
- Be less than 3 hours drive from the country’s capital
- Present an innovative character
- The project must concern agricultural or livestock products intended for local food and not for export
- The project must concern at least 2 stages of the sector: production, processing, marketing
- The direct beneficiaries must be identified (number and kind)
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the SEED Foundation Call for Projects 2019