Prazo de inscrição: 30th April 2019
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice. The bursaries programme does not differ, it is one of the most sought after bursary programmes in South Africa. With the scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally it is essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain our growth. The Sasol bursary programme is a critical talent lever to enable us to meet our strategic and transformation objectives. It is a talent-based scheme for South African citizens, where applicants who meet the minimum criteria may be invited to a selection interview.
The Sasol Bursary Scheme comprises a comprehensive package that covers both financial as well as developmental support throughout the study period. Bursaries awarded are for full-time university studies in engineering, science and accounting. Upon successful completion of the study period, students may be employed within the Sasol Group through the Graduate Development Programme.
All applications are done electronically, in order to speed up the selection process as well as to enable electronic tracking of applications received within a particular period. The number of bursaries awarded each year is dependent on the business need. Consequently, failure to secure a Sasol bursary is not necessarily due to poor performance on the part of the applicant but may be a reflection of insufficient business demand.
Os alunos do nível 12 devem ter alcançado as seguintes marcas em:
BEng e BSc
B Com Accounting
If you are already studying towards the degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
- As candidaturas devem ser para estudos em tempo integral para um grau acadêmico em uma universidade sul-africana credenciada.
- Os candidatos devem ser cidadãos sul-africanos com um número de identificação válido.
- Todos os candidatos convidados a participar de uma entrevista devem estar dispostos a passar por testes psicométricos.
A bolsa da Sasol é uma bolsa abrangente que inclui o seguinte:
- 100% das taxas escolares prescritas, taxas de inscrição e taxas de exame.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a university residence at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by Sasol in conjunction with the university.
- Um montante para refeições com base em três refeições por dia, conforme determinado pela universidade.
- Uma quantia de aproximadamente R12 000,00 por ano, para o livro e dinheiro de bolso
- As taxas de inscrição prescritas, as taxas de inscrição e as taxas de exame são pagas diretamente à universidade.
- Fees for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in points 2 and 3 above.
- O dinheiro do livro e do bolso será pago diretamente ao indivíduo.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
What does a Sasol Postgraduate bursary include?
Postgraduate students receive a monthly allowance around R10 000 for the duration of their studies (24 months Masters Degree and 36 months PhD degree).
Campos de estudo
The Sasol Bursary Programme offers bursaries on the basis of a service-binding (work back obligation after graduation) contract. Applications may be submitted for one of the following fields of study:
Estudos de graduação:
|B Engenharia Eng. Ou BSc||B Sc||B Com|
|Química||Química (mestrado obrigatório)||B Com Accounting CA Stream (CTA, PGDA compulsory)|
|Mecânico||Geologia (Hons obrigatória)|
|Elétrico||Metalurgia (Hons obrigatória)|
Estudos de pós-graduação:
Masters and PhD bursaries in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Universidade de Tecnologia:
- Engenharia elétrica
- Instrumentação processo
- Engenharia Mecânica
- Mine Surveying
Nota: No bursaries are awarded in fields of study not listed above. Bursaries are not necessarily awarded in each field of study every year. Applicants should submit an application based on a real interest in the field and must be a South African citizen.
Critério de seleção:
- Undergraduate, University of Technology and Postgraduate applications should be submitted to Sasol by no later than 30 April 2019, for the 2020 academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online. For more info go to the Como posso me inscrever página
- Applicants, who do not have internet access or access to an internet cafe in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 para suporte.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified by the final de maio 2019. Notification is done telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Selection interviews usually take place during the June/July public school holidays each year. Applicants will be assessed by means of a structured panel interview as well as psychometric tests and therefore it will be required of them to stay over in Secunda for one night.
- Applicants will be reimbursed for travel expenses to attend the selection day up to a maximum amount, as predetermined by Sasol.
- The outcome of the selection event will be communicated to applicants by the end-of August. Please note that no correspondence in this regard will be entered into prior to this date.
- Successful candidates will be provided with comprehensive documentation relating to the Sasol Bursary Programme, as well as a written contract and other documentation for completion.
- Bursaries are awarded for commencement in the following academic year and no payments are made in respect of studies already completed.
Para maiores informações: