Prazo de inscrição: Março 1st 2019
O objectivo da Ruth First Educational Trust is to enable southern African students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds to undertake postgraduate study at the University of Durham. Southern Africa is defined for this purpose as comprising the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Scholarships make an important contribution towards social, educational and economic development in the region. In addition to their value to individuals they have wide developmental impact, within and beyond southern Africa.
Ruth First Scholars have played positive leadership roles in their communities and are chosen for their active commitment to good causes, as well as for their academic ability.
Many former Ruth First Scholars now hold important positions in the public and private sectors in southern Africa, and have become inspirational role models for young people.
Os candidatos devem ser nacionais de um dos seguintes países:
- República da África do Sul
Nível de estudo
Ensinou programas de mestrado
Modo de estudo
Ano de entrada
Applications for programmes commencing 2019/20
Todos os programas, exceto MBA
Os candidatos devem:
- possuir um grau relevante de padrão suficiente para ser admitido no curso de mestrado escolhido; e
- não possui mestrado, nem estudou em uma universidade fora da África Austral, e
- show evidence of active involvement in and commitment to voluntary work for the benefit of causes such as rural or urban community development; young people or educational projects; charitable organizations; health or AIDS awareness projects; student welfare or guidance; the defence of human rights; the promotion of equal opportunities or social justice; environmental sustainability. If you have a paid job that involves working in such areas, you should show evidence of leadership and commitment beyond the requirements of the job.
- Full payment of tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses XCHARX 12 monthly payments
- one return air ticket from the home country to the UK and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Acomodações totalmente financiadas e refeições no St Chad's College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- A contribution towards the cost of a UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
The Trust cannot provide additional support for dependants, nor for travel during the period of the Scholarship.
Number of awards available
Procedimento de aplicação:
Por favor, use este formulário de candidatura Aplicar para esta bolsa de estudos.
Prazo de inscrição
1st março 2019
Quando os candidatos ouvirem o resultado do seu pedido
Meados de maio 2019
For further information or advice:
Para maiores informações:
Visite a página oficial das Bolsas de Estudo da Ruth First Educational Trust 2019 / 2020