Prazo de inscrição:
15 February 2019 (Libya & Lebanon); 22 February 2019 (Egypt & Algeria)
O Programa de Bolsistas Profissionais (PFP) for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa is a two-way exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development.
The Professional Fellows Program offers promising young professionals the opportunity to gain training and practical experience working in organizations in the United States. The program is supported by the Department of State, through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. There are thousands of alumni from these programs in positions of leadership around the world.
PFP Fellows are placed in intensive fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices for an individually tailored professional development experience. They build a broad network with American and other program participant colleagues as they develop a deeper understanding of U.S. society, enhance their professional skills. American participants who have hosted foreign fellows travel overseas for participant-driven reciprocal programs.
Since 2010 Legacy International has hosted more than 225 Professional Fellows from the countries of Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia and Oman.
Detalhes do Programa
- Pre and post program virtual exchange and online training activities
- 6-week US-based program including a business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner, four week Fellowship placement in businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C. and One-week host family stay.
- US professionals to visit the Fellows they hosted in the US, learn about their countries and cultures, and support their follow-on work
- follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP Fellows after returning home, supported by mini-grants.
Fall 2019 Program: 12 October – 23 November. Open to fellows from Algeria, Egypt, Libya & Lebanon.
This program is designed for people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities.
- Empresáriose Social Innovators.
- Proprietários e gerentes de pequenas e médias empresas who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Sociedade Civil / ONGs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in Universidade incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Agências Governamentais / Ministériosnacional escritórios de política, think-tankse escritórios trabalhando para aumentar a presença de cidadãos sub-representados na economia.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-40 anos
- Cidadão atual e residente de: Marrocos, Tunísia, Argélia, Egito, Líbia ou Líbano
- Falar fluentemente em inglês (o suficiente para trabalhar em tempo integral em uma irmandade dos EUA)
- Ter pelo menos dois anos de experiência profissional em seu campo
- Atualmente empregado
- Interesse em hospedar programas recíprocos para americanos em seu país
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings
- Demonstrou fortes habilidades de liderança e compromisso com a comunidade
- Demonstra iniciativa, trabalho em equipe e abertura
- Será dada preferência àqueles que não viajaram anteriormente em um programa financiado pelo governo dos EUA.
Fellows are selected through an open, merit-based application process.
If you are selected as a finalist, Legacy International and the US Department of State will cover all costs associated with your international travel, visa, and basic living costs in the U.S.
All fellows will arrive and depart from Washington, D.C. The first week of the program will take place in rural Virginia (4 hours south of Washington). In the second week of the program you will return to Washington, DC for the month long fellowship and Professional Fellows Congress.
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Professional Fellows Program Fall 2019