Prazo de inscrição: maio 6th 2019
The application process is now open for the second edition of the Paradigm Initiative Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship.
The Fellowship is a 4-month program designed to immerse outstanding, early career, journalists in digital rights and digital inclusion advocacy – and intervention efforts – in Africa. Selected journalists will work with Paradigm Initiative on various projects and contribute to improving public understanding of digital rights and inclusion issues. In 2018, Nigeria’s Victor Ekwealor (Techpoint) and Togo’s Emmanuel Vitus (GhanaWeb) emerged as the pioneer fellows. In 2019, we plan to select three fellows.
Components of the Fellowship
- Orientação do dia 2 e treinamento em direitos digitais / inclusão
- 2-week residency at Paradigm Initiative’s offices in Nigeria. The Fellow will spend time at the Yaba HQ, Aba LIFE Centre, Abuja office, Ajegunle LIFE Centre and Kano LIFE Centre
- Colaboração virtual de meses 4 com a Paradigm Initiative
- A bolsa também pode incluir viagens locais e internacionais totalmente financiadas para participar e cobrir eventos relevantes
- Interação com as principais partes interessadas na defesa de direitos digitais
- Espera-se que os bolsistas participem de todas as atividades programadas
- Fellows will be expected to publish, in their affiliated newspapers or magazines, at least twelve reports on digital rights and inclusion issues during the fellowship period. Fellows will retain full editorial direction on the stories
- Fellows will be expected to continue to provide coverage to digital rights and inclusion issues after their fellowshipParadigm Initiative will provide fellows with a monthly stipend, and a one-time research grant, during the fellowship period
Quem pode se candidatar?
- A Fellowship está aberta a jornalistas afiliados a jornais impressos e on-line tradicionais na África
- We are especially interested in women journalists
- Os candidatos interessados devem demonstrar cobertura prévia de direitos humanos e / ou questões técnicas e interesse em jornalismo de defesa de direitos
- Interested candidates must not have spent more than ten years in journalism. We are most interested in outstanding, early career journalists
Para maiores informações: