Prazo de inscrição: 1st March 2019
The Trustees of the True Colours Trust have set aside funds towards a small grants programme for hospices and palliative care providers across Africa to support the development of palliative care. All work supported by this programme must adhere to the WHO definition of palliative care.
All funding decisions are made by the Trustees of the True Colours Trust, who meet twice a year to review applications. Applications and approved grants are administered by the African Palliative Care Association. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, with a duration of no more than one year. The size of grants ranges from £500- £5,000.
Prioridades de financiamento
Trustees favour support for items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services for people of all ages. Priority is given to the following, in no particular order:
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa (applicants must supply a curriculum / outline of the topics covered, and supply the name of the accrediting body. Funds will be released on receiving the letter of acceptance for the training institution)
- Equipment for patients (e.g. beds, wheelchairs). For equipment we will require at least three quotes attached to the application, with the preferred quote indicated and reasons why.
- Projects supporting paediatric palliative care services (this could include purchasing toys, integrating paediatric services into an existing programme, developing materials for advocacy, etc.).
- Capital improvement costs (such as refurbishing buildings to improve the patient experience, buying furniture, etc.)
- Developing small palliative care projects (integrating palliative care components in existing health care services, adapting palliative care models, quality improvement activities e.g Palliative Care standards, developing materials, etc.) and helping health care providers to establish new palliative care projects where none currently exist.
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas.
Grants will not be approved for:
- Attending conferences
- Education courses outside Africa
- General work with children and young people which does not adhere to the WHO definition of palliative care
- Per Diems or grants to individuals or governments.
- As multi-year grants are not considered, the Trustees will not normally fund salary costs.
The deadline for applications this year will be 01st March and 01st September respectively. Trustees will then review applications in April and October. Trustees will only consider appeals made by completing the small grants application form which is available Aqui. Should you require additional support or information while developing the proposals you can contact the Small Grants Officer at APCA by telephone +256 312 264978 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Pamela.email@example.com
Anexe todos os documentos necessários a este formulário de inscrição. Aplicativos incompletos correm o risco de não serem considerados.
Todos os candidatos devem incluir os seguintes documentos com sua inscrição:
- Uma cópia do registro de sua organização confirmando que é uma entidade legal no país de operação.
- Reference letter from a relevant local hospice and palliative care organisation, ministry of health or any other credible network organisation e.g. cancer society, hospital, academic institution. Proof of employment with the organisation of the person responsible for the project.
- Proof of registration of the person responsible with the relevant professional body/council such as the Medical Association where applicable.
- Uma cópia de uma autorização de trabalho válida se a pessoa responsável não for nacional.
- Contas auditadas atuais. Na ausência de contas auditadas atuais, forneça uma explicação de por que não é possível fornecer contas e, em vez disso, enviar uma demonstração de receita e despesas anuais.
- Detailed project budget using the attached template. (The budget should be provided both in the local currency and GBP currency, indicating the date of currency conversion and rate used)
- A copy of the organisation structure if available. Alternatively, a summary list of staff positions in the organisation indicating number of people per position.
- Curriculum vitae (CVs) do contato institucional chave, a pessoa responsável pela coordenação do projeto e pelo responsável pela gestão financeira do projeto.
Para maiores informações: