Critérios e processo de inscrição
Before applying, ideal fellowship candidates should initiative a strategic conversation with the organization(s) and network(s) that they intend to assist and work with for their fellowship duration. Further, fellowship candidates should ensure:
- They and the organization(s) agree they are a good match
- Their capabilities align with the organization’s overall digital security needs and interest and have the means of achieving them,
- The organization’s leadership believes in the organizational change expected to occur.
- These conversations should also identify areas of particular concern for the organizations, including but not limited to: the types of threats they face to their work by adversaries, previous digital security issues experienced, anticipated escalations in threats to their work, etc.
- The fellowship candidate will work with the organizations’ leadership and OTF to share concrete feedback to the internet freedom community about specific usage of digital security / internet freedom technologies.
- Enhancing the capacity of locally-based digital security professionals as a partner to increase their knowledge and capacity;
- Implementing, maintaining, and scaling up the day-to-day digital security best-practices from within that enable an organization’s digital assets to defend against common “threats-of-the-day”;
- Responding to digital emergencies and targeted attacks utilizing incident response best-practices to inform further protection measures; and/or,
- Conducting highly-specialized digital forensics such as identifying and documenting malware and other vulnerabilities used in targeted attacks against human rights defenders
- Indivíduos de todas as idades, independentemente da nacionalidade, residência, credo, gênero ou outros fatores, com a exceção de que a OTF não é capaz de apoiar os candidatos dentro dos países que os Estados Unidos têm restrições comerciais ou sanções de exportação, conforme determinado pelo Escritório de Ativos Estrangeiros dos EUA Controle (OFAC);
- Indivíduos que demonstram habilidade e habilidade para executar as tarefas de segurança digital relevantes;
- Individuals who demonstrate a desire to grow their knowledge through mentorship and cross-discipline collaboration; and, Individuals who demonstrate a commitment to advance internet freedom globally;
Informação do prêmio
- Cada parceiro aprovado assinará um contrato baseado em desempenho diretamente com OTF para o SOW, será obrigado a reportar um status mensal à organização, OTF e outros colegas.
- Os bolsistas premiados recebem um estipêndio de 5,000 USD por mês por um máximo de meses 12.
- Awarded fellows will also be allotted an “organizational support stipend” of XNUMX USD total to cover equipment and subscription costs that will maintain security protections for organizations receiving digital security assistance from the fellow.
Para maiores informações: