Prazo de inscrição: Em andamento
O MINDS Scholarship Programme for Leadership Development in Africa was successfully launched in 2017, bringing to realisation our vision of developing young leaders who have a continent-wide development mindset and leaders who can facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
The MINDS Scholarship Programme enables African students to study in an African country other than their home country and in this way immerse themselves in richness and diversity that the country and its communities has to offer. By broadening access to education, we see the expansion of openness to ideas and the creation of a network of like-minded leaders who will help promote the performance and tangible progress of our continent. There is no doubt that a more integrated African economy of global scale will accelerate growth, generate positive outcomes and benefit all its communities.
Critério de eleição
MINDS Scholarships are awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
- Envie um formulário de inscrição on-line completo (veja abaixo) com a documentação de apoio exigida.
List of Preferred Institutions:
To be eligible to receive a MINDS Scholarship, an applicant must have been accepted to study at one of the following institutions:
ESTE DE ÁFRICA
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Universidade de Makerere, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
ÁFRICA DO SUL
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- Universidade de Cape Town, África do Sul
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
NORTE DA ÁFRICA
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
MINDS’ offers scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Programa de Bolsas de Estudo visa nutrir líderes que tenham uma mentalidade de desenvolvimento continental; líderes que facilitarão uma maior coesão e cooperação entre os países africanos.
MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions (listed below). MINDS does not prescribe the course to be studied.
The Scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Alojamento e refeições
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- Um salário fixo.
Indivíduos com uma visão pan-africana, capacidade de liderança demonstrada e um excelente histórico acadêmico que desejam estudar no continente africano, fora de seu país de origem, são convidados a se inscrever para as bolsas de estudos.
Besides the general scholarships, MINDS is also offering the following specific ones with special criteria determined by our funding partners:
The scholarships are only for South African students to study at any of the MINDS preferred universities outside South Africa. The scholarships are not specific to a field of study.
The scholarships are for students from any African country to study actuarial sciences, business sciences and accounting, IT and developmental finance in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions on the MINDS preferred universities list.
Diamond Empowerment Fund
The scholarships will fund African post-graduate study at the University of Witwatersrand in a highly skilled discipline of study e.g. engineering, biotechnology, aerospace, nanotechnology, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, ICT law, mining taxation. Candidates must be from an African diamond mining country.
Governo do Ruanda
The scholarships are for students from Rwanda to study at any of the universities on the MINDS preferred list but outside Rwanda. The scholarships are not specific to a field of study.
Procedimento de aplicação
Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, you can submit your application by clicking on the link below. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- Uma cópia dos dados / página bio do seu passaporte.
- Uma transcrição acadêmica certificada / comprovante de resultados dos últimos dois anos de estudo.
- Uma cópia da carta de aceitação oficial da universidade. A carta deve:
- Ser endereçado ao candidato.
- Indique o grau em que o candidato foi aceito para estudar.
- Declare o ano acadêmico em que o curso será iniciado.
- Indique a duração do curso (por exemplo, um ano).
- Uma cópia de uma licença de estudo válida ou visto ou comprovante de inscrição. (Opcional)
- Um resumo / currículo detalhado de não mais de quatro (4) páginas de um só lado.
- Duas cartas de referência (não mais de 3 páginas cada) abordando a demonstração de integridade, a competência e / ou potencial do candidato como líder e o seu compromisso com o desenvolvimento do continente africano.
Para maiores informações: