Application Deadline: 5:00 PM US Central Standard Time or 11:00 PM GMT on January 8, 2019.
Only the best and the brightest practitioners in the field are chosen to become Fellows. Those who are selected receive a $6000 stipend and a month of valuable training. The currículo is delivered by a faculty of global experts who work closely with each carefully selected cohort of Fellows to explore new ways to apply market-based approaches to environmental issues.
The 2019 Kinship Conservation Fellowship will take place from June 30 through July 31, 2019 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.
- Kinship looking for conservation leaders with at least cinco anos de experiência, que estão profundamente comprometidos com a conservação, envolvidos com a implementação de abordagens baseadas no mercado para resolver problemas ambientais e prontos para fazer parte de uma comunidade em expansão de líderes globais.
- A key part of the Fellows application is a proposed project describing an environmental issue related to the applicant’s work and the plans to develop a solution using market approaches.
- Os candidatos bem-sucedidos estarão familiarizados com os princípios comerciais e econômicos and work in a setting where these principles can be integrated with conservation work. 18 applicants are selected to participate in the training program.
Para ser considerado para o programa, os candidatos devem atender aos seguintes requisitos:
- Possess a minimum of a four-year U.S. college degree (or its equivalent).
- Have a minimum of five years relevant work experience, depois de completing a degree.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be a conservation practitioner (rather than an academic or researcher).
Applicants must use the aplicação online to apply to the Fellowship. Here is what is required in the application:
- Summary of your leadership experience. (150 words)
- Why you wish to attend the Kinship Fellows program and what you see yourself doing in five years. (250 words)
- Summary of your experience working with market-based tools. (250 words)
- A description of a project or an environmental challenge or issue in your work and how you plan to develop a solution using market-based approaches. (500 words)
Your resume should reflect at least five years of experience working in an environmental field. Five years cannot include time spent pursuing a degree.
A high-quality digital image of yourself (headshot).
Carta de recomendação
Applicants must provide duas cartas de recomendação: One from a current employer and one from a colleague. The selection panel will use these letters to assess each applicant’s capacity for leadership. Specific examples include:
- Your ability to take action on conservation issues
- Your ability to mobilize and motivate others
- Your capacity to produce innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Your potential to contribute to an ongoing community of leaders
NOTE: Letters of recommendation must be submitted to the program by the person providing the recommendation. They cannot be uploaded with your application. A signed copy of the letter should be on letterhead and should be scanned and saved as a PDF or JPEG and emailed to: email@example.com. If possible, limit each letter to one page.
Para maiores informações: