Prazo de inscrição:31 de outubro de 2018.
A Organização Internacional do Trabalho (OIT) está lançando o fourth global media competition to recognize exemplary media coverage on labour migration. This year, the competition focuses on labour migration and the fair recruitment of migrant workers.
The objective is to encourage quality reporting on labour migration and recruitment-related issues. Such reporting is all the more significant as media often promotes a toxic public narrative based on misperceptions with respect to nationality, national origin, gender and migratory status, reinforcing prejudice, intolerance and stigmatization against migrant workers and their families.
The 2018 Global Media Competition on Labour Migration will be contributing to the UN TOGETHER campaign which has the purpose of encouraging global action in promoting non-discrimination and addressing the problem of rising xenophobia against refugees and migrants. All 193 Member States of the United Nations have committed to implementing the TOGETHER Campaign which will run until the end of 2018, when the UNGA is expected to adopt the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration and the Global Compact for Refugees.
The 2018 global media competition on labour migration is organized by the International Labour Organization in collaboration with the International Trade Union Confederation, the International Organization of Employers, the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the International Federation of Journalists, Equal Times, Solidarity Center, Human Rights Watch, and Migrant Forum in Asia, as well as the International Training Centre of the ILO. This yearXCHARXs competition is organized with the support of the EU funded project “Global Action to Improve the Recruitment Framework of Labour Migration (REFRAME ) e o the SDC funded project “Integrated Programme on Fair Recruitment” (FAIR ) "
Professional journalists and photographers are invited to submit a maximum of two entries, to any of the following duas categorias:
- Media reports (online, print articles and radio production)
- Photo essay/multimedia
Articles should not exceed 8000 words and radio production should not be longer than 10 minutes. For the photo essay/multimedia category, journalists/photographers may send up to 3 photos along with a caption. Submissions must have been published between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2018 to qualify.
- Um total de quatro vencedores (um por categoria, por área temática) receberá $ 1,000 USD cada. As inscrições vencedoras serão apresentadas no site da OIT e amplamente divulgadas como um exemplo de bom jornalismo.
Processo de aplicação:
- Para entrar na competição, por favor preencha o formulário de inscrição online antes 31 de outubro de 2018 (mais recente 23: 59, Horário da Europa Central).
- As inscrições são aceitas em três idiomas: inglês, francês e espanhol. Serão aceitas inscrições em outros idiomas, desde que o candidato apresente uma tradução fiel em um dos três idiomas mencionados acima.
- Winners will be officially announced on 18 December to mark International Migrants Day. For further enquiries, please contact: Labour-Migration-Media-Competition@ilo.org
Para maiores informações: