Prazo de inscrição: 3 de outubro de 2018
Strong collaboration with faculty, students and universities is vital to IBM. The IBM PhD Fellowship Program advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. Focus areas include the following topics of particular interes
• AI / Cognitive Computing
• Cloud Computing
• Data Science / Big Data / Analytics
• Internet of things
• Quantum Computing
Since the creation of the IBM PhD Fellowship Program in 1951, IBM have supported thousands of PhD students XCHARX with more than 700 students supported over the past 10 years alone.
- Os estudantes devem ser nomeados por um membro do corpo docente e devem ser estudantes em tempo integral em um programa de doutorado durante os dois anos acadêmicos consecutivos do prêmio ou perdem sua bolsa.
- Students should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination. For example, nominees that are enrolled in a four year graduate program should have completed two years of their graduate program as of summer 2019 in order to benefit the most.
- Students from US embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- Os premiados serão selecionados com base em seu potencial geral de excelência em pesquisa, o grau de alinhamento de seus interesses técnicos com os da IBM e seu progresso acadêmico até o momento, conforme evidenciado pelas publicações e endossos de seu orientador e chefe de departamento.
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship from another company or institution during the same academic period may not be eligible for an IBM PhD Fellowship.
The 2019 two-year IBM PhD Fellowships are awarded worldwide.
- A fellowship includes a stipend for two academic years (2019-2020 and 2020-2021) and, in the US, an education allowance for year one (2019-2020).
- In the US, fellowship recipients while in school will receive a stipend for living expenses, travel, and to attend conferences ($35,000 for 2019-2020 and $35,000 for 2020-2021). US fellowship recipients will also receive $25,000 toward their education in 2019-2020.
- Fora dos EUA, os bolsistas que estiverem na escola receberão uma remuneração competitiva para despesas pessoais, viagens e para participar de conferências nos dois anos acadêmicos 2019-2020 e 2020-2021. As bolsas de estudo variam de acordo com o país.
Todos IBM PhD Fellowship awardees will be mentored by an IBMer in order to collaborate on a research or technology project for the duration of the award period and are strongly encouraged to do an internship during the first or second year of their award.
Para maiores informações: