Application Deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 1 November 2018
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners, awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 19% over the last five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
Requisitos de elegibilidade:
Applicants must fufil the following criteria:
- have a first class or second class upper honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree. If undergraduate examination results are not known at the time of application, the council may make a provisional offer of scholarship on condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree result is a first class or upper second class honours. If a scholar does not have s first class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s, or the equivalent degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final;
- must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the programme, including strategic partner themes. This includes application since 2009 to the EMBARK scheme previously run by the Urush Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology, and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences;
- in the case of applications for a research master’s scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship;
in the case of applications for a doctoral degree scholarship, applicants must not currently hold, or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
|Chamada aberta||6 de setembro de 2018|
|Período de perguntas frequentes||25 de outubro de 2018|
|Prazo do candidato||16: 00 (hora irlandesa) 1 novembro 2018|
|Prazo do supervisor e do árbitro||16: 00 (hora irlandesa) 8 novembro 2018|
|Prazo de endosso do escritório de pesquisa||16: 00 (hora irlandesa) 15 novembro 2018|
|Resultado da chamada||Final de março 2019|
|Data de início da bolsa de estudos||1 de setembro de 2019|
Por favor, note que os horários fornecidos aqui são indicativos e podem estar sujeitos a alterações.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to [Email protegido].
Para maiores informações: