Prazo de inscrição: Outubro 31st 2018
There are 2 rounds of applications for the 2019 AIIP Cohort:
- Round 1: September 3 XCHARX 30, 2018
- Round 2: October 8 XCHARX 31, 2018
O Programa de Internet Industrial de África, a year-long programme, has been developed to address the demand for a digital-savvy workforce in the increasingly data-ridden industrial organisations. Developed by ALU and powered by GE, the programme empowers participants to develop the requisite skills for building applications for the Industrial Internet. We achieve this through offering modules in machine learning and big data analytics, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and cloud-based application development to individuals and professionals interested in preparing for the Industrial Internet.
Staggering amounts of data are generated every moment from millions of sensors connected to equipment and devices, especially in asset-rich industries. Unlocking the value of big data will dramatically improve business productivity and make significant bottom line impact. Capitalizing on the Industrial Internet, however, requires a new suite of skills – Data Exploration, Machine Learning Methods, Industrial Application Development and more.
The in-person intensives will be held at GE Africa Innovation Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa. AAIIP is a very rigorous one year long program that focuses heavily on projects and the development of practical skills such that participants can apply their skills to their work directly as they progress.
The AIIP will equip you to work in any data-rich environment across industries and enable you to add value by developing a data-driven decision making approach to business operations. Post-AIIP, you can continue working focused on specific verticals in analytics, industrial IoT, or further your studies in machine learning or application development on the cloud. The intrapreneurship skills will prepare you to lead innovation across functions such as asset maintenance, and plant operations that will impact the bottom line of your business.
- A AIIP é para indivíduos que buscam inovações pioneiras na Internet industrial, aprimoram suas habilidades e avançam em suas carreiras, aprendendo como aproveitar ao máximo o Big Data industrial para influenciar os resultados de seus negócios.
- The programme is expecting to enroll up to 75 participants.
Os participantes são obrigados a:
Have a quantitative background/ An engineering/software development background is preferred.
Outros atributos desejados incluem:
- Sendo recém-formados ou profissionais nas seguintes indústrias: Petróleo e Gás, Geração e Distribuição de Energia, Manufatura, Transporte
- Have basic business acumen particularly in engaging clients
- Familiarity with Python coding is a plus; not mandatory
- Fortes habilidades de raciocínio analítico e estatístico
- Excelente escrita e habilidades de comunicação verbal
- Demonstrated intent or plans to champion digital change in their organisation
Bolsa de estudos disponível:
- GE is offering a limited number of competitive full tuition scholarships for the 2019 AIIP cohort.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to apply into the program as early as possible in order to be considered for scholarship.
- To apply for the scholarship, simply indicate your interest in o formulário de candidatura and submit an essay telling us why you think we should consider you for the scholarship.
AIIP is a year-long programme consisting of a blended learning approach with in-person sessions held in Johannesburg, South Africa and online learning. The in-person sessions are a unique opportunity to meet with and engage in peer-learning with the professionals in the programme from various industries in a community that elevates learning from the physical and virtual classroom to tangible application in the organization and workspace.
12 MONTHS | 7 MODULES | 4 IN-PERSON INTENSIVES*
- PYTHON AND STATISTICAL REASONING
- DATA ANALYTICS AND VISUALIZATION
- MACHINE LEARNING
- BIG DATA
- INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- DIGITAL FOR INDUSTRIES
- INNOVATION & INTRAPRENEURSHIP
Lista de verificação do aplicativo
Please see the application components below:
- Informação pessoal
- História da Educação
- Experiência de Trabalho
- 2 Motivational Essays
- Supporting Documents (Transcript(s) and CV)
- Optional: references or other self-selected material to support application
Para maiores informações: