Application Deadline: February 15th 2019.
DOTE is calling the new generation of contemporary dancers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region) para o Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program 2019. Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) offers scholarships to young talent from the MENA region to attend a three-week summer dance workshop program in Amsterdam, taking place from 6 – 26 July 2019.
DOTE is the only organization in The Netherlands solely devoted to stimulating artistic exchange in the fields of contemporary dance, theater, and multi-media with the MENA region. The scholarship is offered in collaboration with the Henny Jurriëns Studio (HJS). HJS is the most prominent dance-training institute for professional level dancers in The Netherlands. DOTE and HJS have been collaborating since 2012 offering scholarships.
Dancing on the Edge Scholarship Program
The scholarship allows dancers to participate in the Amsterdam Summer Intensive. For three weeks (from 6-26 July), dancers can take technique classes and participate in workshops, taught by teachers representing the most important companies and styles in today’s contemporary dance world. These include Akram Khan, Kidd Pivot (Crystal Pite), Peeping Tom and Eastman/Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, and many others. The program is an ideal opportunity for dancers to study in an international atmosphere together with other professionals and professionally oriented dancers. Dancers can also attend performances from the cutting-edge Julidans Festival, which takes place at the same time.
The DOTE Scholarship Program covers travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.
Dancers applying must
- come from (and be at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
- ter pelo menos alguma (e de preferência substancial) experiência em treinamento e performance na dança contemporânea
- não tenha mais de 27 anos
- be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
- tem recursos suficientes para pagar alimentos e outras despesas que podem ocorrer neste período
- ter ou ser capaz de adquirir seguro de saúde / viagem para este período
- providenciar seu próprio visto, se necessário (com a ajuda das partes organizadoras)
Applications happen through esta form. Please submit your filled in form before February 15th 2019.
For questions, please write to: [Email protegido]
Para maiores informações:
Visite o site oficial do programa de bolsas Dancing on the Edge 2019