Prazo de inscrição: Sunday, 31st Março, 2019.
The University of Ghana, Legon, is pleased to invite applications for the position of Occupant of the Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies, para começar em agosto 1, 2019.
The Kwame Nkrumah Chair in African Studies was established at the Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana in honour of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Pan African luminary and Ghana’s first president, for his contributions to the intellectual life of the African World, and for his projection of Africa on the world stage.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates in any discipline relevant to the study and understanding of Africa. The successful Applicant will be a scholar or public figure who has a strong understanding of African/Africana/pan-African Studies, has a strong research and publishing record, and has attained distinction in his or her discipline. He or she may also be a public intellectual or artist well versed in the indigenous knowledge and cultures of Africa.
Applicants should be committed to pursuing their own research agendas, collaborating and sharing their expertise with other researchers, and developing interdisciplinary exchanges.
Specifically, the Chair will be expected to:
- Ministrar palestras públicas, incluindo uma palestra inaugural, que será publicada pela Universidade;
- Conduct research and/or create and establish a social or cultural project;
- Produzir um manuscrito publicável sobre a pesquisa proveniente do mandato, quando apropriado;
- Preparar um relatório detalhando os resultados alcançados no final do período de posse;
- Ajudar a Universidade a angariar recursos para aumentar a dotação para a Cátedra Kwame Nkrumah em Estudos Africanos;
- Ajudar na divulgação e participar do Festival Intelectual e Cultural Bienal Kwame Nkrumah.
Appointments will typically be for one academic year (August 1 – July31) but with the possibility of extension for a second year.
Salary will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant but will typically be at the level of Professor (disclosure upon short listing). The Chair will also be provided with:
- Retornar bilhete de classe executiva ou equivalente de sua localização para Accra.
- Airport pick up.
- Acomodação de escritório incluindo um computador, impressora, acesso à internet e materiais de escritório necessários.
- Um Assistente de Pesquisa e / ou outro pessoal de apoio.
- Alojamento e seguro médico.
- Uma bolsa de pesquisa.
Método de Aplicação
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Ghana, P. O. Box LG 25, Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
- uma carta explicando interesse,
- um curriculum vitae,
- a proposal for the programme of work to be carried out during the period of the tenure (max 5 pages)
Applicants must arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly to the Registrar.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and they may be invited for a face-to-face interview. The successful candidate will be informed by June, 2019.
DATA DE ENCERRAMENTO
Applications should reach the registro not later than the close of day on Sunday, 31st Março, 2019.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their files are complete by this date.
Para mais informações, contate:
Tel: +233 (0)302-213820/213850 extension 2153/2051
Para maiores informações: