Prazo de inscrição: Maio 1st 2019
Bem vindo à Bristol Short Story Prize – an annual international writing competition open to all published and unpublished, UK and non-UK based writers.
The Bristol Short Story Prize is an international writing competition based in Bristol, UK, which aims to publish great short stories and promote the stories and writers as much as possible. Discovering previously unpublished writers is central to our aims and we are absolutely committed to celebrating the short story genre and making it accessible and available to as wide an audience as we can.
The Bristol Short Story Prize is an international writing competition founded by the editors of the quarterly cultural magazine Bristol Review of Books em 2007.
- Para publish a brilliant short story anthology every year full of fresh and original stories, and to get it stocked in as many bookshops as possible. This includes high street chains, independent shops and online booksellers.
- Para inspire and encourage writers.
- Para discover and promote previously unpublished writers.
- Para provide an opportunity for writers to get published.
- Para share our enthusiasm for short stories in as many ways and with as many people as possible.
- Para establish Bristol as a short story centre.
- Para raise the profile, support and raise funds for Bristol Review of Books magazine. (BROB magazine is not being published at the moment but we hope to be part of its return to publication at some stage in the future.)
Please read the rules for the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize carefully before entering:
- Closing date for receipt of entries is May 1st 2019 at midnight BST (‘midnight’ meaning the very last second of May 1st 2019).
- Os participantes devem ter mais de 16 anos na data de encerramento, maio 1st 2019.
- O tamanho máximo de envios é de palavras 4,000 (não inclui título), não há comprimento mínimo. As histórias podem ser sobre qualquer tema ou assunto e são bem-vindas em qualquer estilo, incluindo gráficos, versos ou baseados em gênero (Crime, Ficção Científica, Fantasia, Histórico, Romance, Crianças, etc.).
- The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry – the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK. Entries can be made online ou por postar. All entries must be in English. Online entries should be submitted via the facilidade de entrada online, geralmente em documento do Word, pdf ou equivalente. Entradas postais will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements: font type, font size, line spacing etc. Writers may format their work in the way they feel is most appropriate – we do not specify any particular format for submissions. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH
- Os autores podem inserir quantas histórias quiserem. Há uma taxa de inscrição de £ 9 para cada história submetida ao 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize. Pagamento para entradas online para o 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize deve ser feito através do site facilidade de entrada online. Entrants will be transferred to the Paypal website after they have submitted their story/stories to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize to pay the entry fee. Payment for postal entries to the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize should be made by cheque. Cheque payments must be in pounds sterling and cheques should be made payable to ‘Bristol Short Story Prize Ltd.’. Each postal submission must be accompanied by a signed entry form confirming an entrant has read the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize and accepts the rules of the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize.
- As inscrições não serão devolvidas. Por favor, mantenha uma cópia. Nenhuma correção ou alteração pode ser feita após o recebimento de uma entrada.
- As inscrições devem ser inteiramente o trabalho do participante e nunca deve ter sido previamente publicado, impresso ou on-line (inclusive autopublicado, e-book, revistas, periódicos, sites, blogs, sites de redes sociais), ou transmitido ou ganho um prêmio em outra competição de redação até outubro. 12th 2019. Any entry found to have been plagiarised will be disqualified. Simultaneous submissions are welcome but please let us know as soon as possible if a story is to be published elsewhere, in print or online (including self-published, ebook, magazines, journals, websites, blogs, social network sites), or broadcast or has won a prize in another writing competition on or before October 12th 2019.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously; entrants’ names and contact details should only appear on the entry form and not anywhere on their stories/manuscripts. The stories/manuscripts must be free of all personal information about the author. This includes age and address.
Please contact us via email in the first instance: email@example.com
Our address is: Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road, Bristol BS4 3EH. We share an office with leading Bristol publisher Tangent Books.
Phone number is: 0117 9720645 please ask to speak to our Co-ordinator, Joe Melia or to Richard Jones. Office hours are 10.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
o email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Para maiores informações: