Application Deadline: 26 February 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
A BBC está procurando uma estrela em ascensão do jornalismo africano para o Prêmio do Drama Komla da BBC World News, now in its fifth year.
Journalists from across the continent are invited to apply for the award, which aims to uncover and promote fresh talent from Africa.
O vencedor passará três meses na sede da BBC em Londres, ganhando habilidades e experiência.
The award was established to honour Komla Dumor, an exceptional Ghanaian broadcaster and presenter for BBC World News, who died suddenly aged 41 in 2014.
It will be made to an outstanding individual living and working in Africa, who combines strong journalism skills, on-air flair, and an exceptional talent in telling African stories with the ambition and potential to become a star of the future.
As well as spending time with the BBC in London, the winner will also get to travel to Africa to report a story – and have that story shared across the continent and the world.
Papel e Responsabilidade
The winner of the BBC World News Komla Dumor award will receive a once-in-a-lifetime training and development opportunity with the BBC in London, starting in early September 2019 and running for three months. Working with teams from across BBC News, the winner will produce an African story for the BBC and have their story and their voice shared across the continent and the world. They will be supported by a high-level BBC mentor and attend courses run by the BBC’s world-class training department, the BBC Academy.
The BBC will pay for the winner’s flights to and from the UK and for their visa. We will also arrange and pay for the winner’s accommodation in London during their placement.
The winner will receive £2,000 per month for the three month placement to cover their living expenses and a one-off payment of £5,000 as a contribution towards loss of salary in their home country. Some of the above may be subject to taxation (and deductions will be made as appropriate).
Para se candidatar a este prestigioso prêmio, você deve estar atualmente vivendo e trabalhando como jornalista na África.
Você também deve ter as seguintes habilidades e experiência:
- Excelentes habilidades de jornalismo, inclusive em mídias digitais e sociais.
- A experiência de transmissão é preferível.
- Uma excelente voz de transmissão e fortes habilidades de apresentação com a capacidade de executar no microfone com um toque.
- The ability to identify and pitch a strong original African story idea, aligned to the BBC editorial guidelines http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/
- Wide and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the African continent, including politics, business, culture, history and sport.
- Fluência em Inglês como um primeiro idioma ou equivalente.
Requisitos adicionais para todos os candidatos
- Você deve fornecer um CV (no máximo duas páginas) / preencher um perfil de hub de carreiras.
- Você deve ter ou ser capaz de obter por 1st March 2019 um passaporte válido até pelo menos 31st January 2020.
- Você não deve ser um membro atual ou antigo da equipe da BBC.
- If successful, your employer must be willing to release you for three months from September 2019 for you to travel on your own to take up your placement in London.
- The visa requires that you hold a degree or are studying towards a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- References, proof of employment, birth certificate, passport, an appropriate UK visa and proof of level of English will be required from shortlisted candidates.
Termos e Condições
- 2015: Nancy Kacungira from Uganda
- 2016: Didi Akinyelure from Nigeria
- 2017: Amina Yuguda from Nigeria
- 2018: Waihiga Mwaura from Kenya
Inscreva-se agora para o
Para maiores informações: