Prazo de inscrição: Julho 1, 2019,
The International Relations Committee of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is pleased to announce travel awards for surgeons aged 30 to 50. These awards, in the amount of $4,000 each, provide international surgeons with the opportunity to attend and participate fully in the educational activities of the ACS annual Clinical Congress. They are proposed to specifically assist surgeons who work in community or regional hospitals or clinics in countries other than the United States and Canada, or who are from poorly resourced academic departments of surgery in poorly resourced countries.
Um novo Community Surgeon Travel Award has been donated through the generosity of the Doctors Duremdes family designated for Filipino surgeons. It gives preference to meritorious applications from Iloilo Province, Panay Island, and non-urban Philippine communities.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. Assistance will be provided to obtain preferential housing in an economical hotel in the Clinical Congress city. In 2020, the Clinical Congress takes place in Chicago, IL, October 4–8.
- Os candidatos devem ser graduados em escolas de medicina que tenham completado seu treinamento cirúrgico.
- Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 50, on the date that the complete application is filed.
- Os candidatos devem enviar seus pedidos a partir de sua localização permanente pretendida. As inscrições serão aceitas para processamento somente quando os candidatos estiverem em prática cirúrgica, ensino ou pesquisa por um período mínimo de um ano no local pretendido, após o término de todo o treinamento formal (incluindo bolsas e bolsas de estudo).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high quality surgery, to surgical teaching, and to improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Os candidatos devem apresentar um formulário de inscrição preenchido completo fornecido pelo Colégio em seu site. A aplicação e os materiais de acompanhamento devem ser enviados em inglês. A apresentação de um curriculum vitae apenas não é aceitável.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to directly address the applicant’s commitment to high quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care locally. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the persons making the recommendations.
- The Community Surgeon Travel Awards must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country of origin.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
Procedimento de aplicação:
- All applications for the year 2019 and all of the supporting documentation must be received online no later than Julho 1, 2019, para que um solicitante receba a consideração do comitê de seleção.
- Todos os candidatos serão notificados da decisão do comitê de seleção em novembro 2019.
- Solicita-se aos candidatos que enviem seus pedidos preenchidos e documentos de suporte o mais cedo possível, a fim de fornecer tempo suficiente para o processamento.
Questions about and application materials for this award should be sent to email@example.com.
Para maiores informações: