Application Deadline:Wednesday 1 May 2019.
O Programa de Inquérito Crítico Africano tem o prazer de anunciar o 2019 Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards apoiar estudantes de doutoramento africanos nas humanidades e nas ciências sociais humanistas que estão matriculados em universidades da África do Sul e realizando pesquisas de dissertação sobre tópicos relevantes. Os valores das subvenções variam de acordo com os planos de pesquisa, com um prêmio máximo de ZAR 40,000.
The African Critical Inquiry Programme (ACIP) seeks to advance inquiry and debate about the roles and practice of public culture, public cultural institutions, and public scholarship in shaping identities and society in Africa. The ACIP is committed to collaboration between scholars and the makers of culture/history, and to fostering inquiry into the politics of knowledge production, the relationships between the colonial/apartheid and the postcolonial/postapartheid, and the importance of critical pluralism as against nationalist discourse. ACIP is a partnership between the Centre for Humanities Research at the University of the Western Cape and the Laney Graduate School of Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia (USA).
Os Prémios de Investigação Doutoral Ivan Karp estão abertos a estudantes africanos de pós-graduação (independentemente da nacionalidade) nas ciências humanas e humanistas.
Os candidatos devem estar atualmente registrados em um Ph.D. programa em uma universidade sul-africana e estar trabalhando em tópicos relacionados ao foco do ACIP.
Awards will support doctoral research projects focused on topics such as institutions of public culture, particular aspects of museums and exhibitions, forms and practices of public scholarship, culture and communication, and the theories, histories, and systems of thought that shape and illuminate public culture and public scholarship.
Applicants must submit a dissertation proposal that has been approved by their institution to confirm the award; this must be completed before they begin ACIP- supported on-site research or by December 2019, whichever comes first.
PROCESSO DE APLICAÇÃO:
Awards are open to proposals working with a range of methodologies in the humanities and humanistic social sciences, including research in archives and collections, fieldwork, interviews, surveys, and quantitative data collection. Applicants are expected to write in clear, intelligible prose for a selection committee that is multi-disciplinary and cross-regional. Proposals should show a thorough knowledge of the major concepts, theories, and methods in the applicant’s discipline and in other related fields and include a bibliography relevant to the research. Applicants should specify why an extended period of on-site research is essential to successfully complete the proposed doctoral dissertation. Guidance and advice on how to write a good proposal and budget can be found in the Resources section of the ACIP website (http://www.gs.emory.edu/about/special/acip.html)
Para se candidatar, os candidatos elegíveis devem enviar o seguinte como um anexo de arquivo único com documentos na ordem listada:
- completed cover sheet (online at http://www.gs.emory.edu/about/special/acip.html)
- resumo do projeto de pesquisa proposto (máximo de palavras 250)
- research proposal outlining the project’s goals, central questions, significance, and relevance for ACIP’s central concerns. Proposals should include a clearly formulated, realistic research design and plan of work responsive to the project’s theoretical and methodological concerns. Applicants should provide evidence of appropriate training to undertake the proposed research, including the language fluency necessary for the project. Proposals should be no longer than 5 pages; they should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins and a font no smaller than 11 points. Aplicativos que não seguem este formato não serão considerados.
- bibliografia de até duas páginas adicionais
- listagem do orçamento do projeto e justificando as despesas do projeto a serem apoiadas pelo prêmio
- seu curriculum vitae
- transcrição atual
- duas cartas de árbitro; um deles deve ser do seu supervisor.
Your referees should comment specifically on your proposed project, its quality and significance, and your qualifications for undertaking it. They might also evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your project and how you and your work would benefit from receiving the research award. Referee letters should be submitted directly to the Selection Committee.
Para maiores informações:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2019 Ivan Karp Doctoral Research Awards