Prazo de inscrição: dezembro 31st 2019
The International Mathematical Union Abel Visiting Scholar Program invite applications from mathematicians professionally based in developing countries to visit an international research collaborator for a period of one month –
In case the length of the visit exceeds one month, the candidate should provide evidence of financial support from the host institution to cover the living expenses beyond the first month.
The program is designed for post doctoral mathematicians in the early stages of their professional careers. It is designed to offer the opportunity for a ‘research sabbatical,’ a necessary complement to teaching and other academic duties for mathematicians desiring to also sustain a viable research program.
Os candidatos devem
1. hold at the time of application a PhD Na matemática,
2. be based in um país em desenvolvimento no momento da aplicação
3. ocupar um cargo em uma universidade / instituição de pesquisa
4. be in the early stages of their professional careers, more precisely: the applicants should
4. 1) ainda não é de nível professoral completo, mas tem um contrato de trabalho em uma universidade / faculdade
4. 2) com menos de 40 anos de idade no dia do prazo de inscrição.
A idade máxima pode ser aumentada em até três anos no caso de um indivíduo com um padrão de carreira quebrado. Isso deve ser observado no aplicativo juntamente com o motivo do padrão de carreira quebrado.
Aplicações de mulheres matemáticas são fortemente encorajadas.
A subvenção pode cobrir for one month and only for the applicant up to 4,400 EUR (5,000 EUR):
- Custos de viagem
- from the place of work of the applicant to that of the host to the extent of economy class airfare. The flight will be booked and directly paid by the IMU Secretariat.
- (Public) transport (surface transport by rail or bus between the nearest city where the airport is located and the headquarters of the candidate or the city/town where the host institution is located, if necessary). Maximum four (4) Taxi fares (on submission of receipts) may be allowed to travel between the home and the airport/railway station (upon arrival and departure).
- In case the applicant has to stay in a hotel before departure or upon arrival, this needs to be mentioned in the budget details. Maximum one (1) night (both arrival and departure) can be paid from the grant.
- Taxas de visto
- Cobranças de seguro de viagem
- Basic living cost (daily allowance based on living cost of the visiting country/city, This amount includes the cost for public transport and all other living costs). Para uma lista, por favor, vá aqui. If the accommodation includes breakfast or any other meals, the daily amount will be reduced.
- Accommodation cost in the host country (hotel is allowed if the host provides a statement that no guesthouse or rented flat is available and max. 4 weeks. If you stay longer than 4 weeks you have to rent a suitable apartment or guesthouse). Receipts for cash payments for accommodation costs can not be accepted! You have to pay via a trackable transfer method.
All invoices for travel cost, visa, insurance, accommodation and up to four taxi receipts and all boarding tickets have to be kept by the grantee and be sent (original) to the CDC/ IMU Secretariat by regular mail.
Applications must be received at least four months before the desired starting date. The selection committee will review the applications and award fellowships every four months. The result is annouced on the Página Abel Visiting Scholar 2017 Recipients.
Os seguintes prazos se aplicam:
- August 31, 2018 is for visits during January 1 XCHARX April 30, 2019
- December 31, 2018 for visits between May 1 and August 31, 2019
- April 1, 2019 for research visits between September 1, 2019 XCHARX December 31, 2019
If your application is not complete by the deadline, it cannot be considered for the evaluation round.
Please send your application at least one week in advance for us to review
Procedimento de aplicação:
Cada aplicativo deve incluir:
- O preenchido Formulário de inscrição on-line
- A curriculum vitae of applicant and host, including a list of recent publications (max. 3 pages each)
- Um plano de pesquisa para a visita
- Um convite oficial da instituição do parceiro internacional de pesquisa
- Uma carta de recomendação If the letter of recommendation is not written by the international research partner (the host), the application should include a statement from the host approving the research plan.
- Uma cópia do certificado de doutorado
- A statement about the current employment status/ position in the home institution signed and stamped by your employer. The statement should include the duration of your employment. Please use the template attached.
- Uma estimativa de orçamento. Por favor, use o Formulário de orçamento provisório. (para mais informações veja 'Suporte Financeiro')
- A picture of you for our website (upload separately to the Online Application Form) (The picture will be published on our website (like this: https://www.mathunion.org/cdc/grants/research-travel-grants/abel-visiting-scholar-program/abel-visiting-scholar-2018) if the applicant is chosen, so PLEASE upload a NICE picture in good quality!)
- In case you are planning to stay for more than one month you must attached a proof of the matching funds for your living costs from the host institution
Please merge all required documents (except the picture of you) into one (1) PDF file and upload it in the Online Application Form.
Para maiores informações: