Prazo de inscrição: Março 3rd 2019
The Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award was created to honor the life and work of Pulitzer Prize-winning AP photographer and IWMF Courage in Journalism Award winner Anja Niedringhaus (1965-2014). With this Award, the IWMF celebrates the courageous work of women photojournalists like Anja.
The Award recognizes the importance of visual journalistic work that inspires us to take action and compels us to better understand the world. Created in 2014 with a $1 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Award will be given annually to a woman photojournalist whose work reflects courage and dedication, as Anja’s does. The Award winner will be publicly honored, have her work showcased, and receive a cash prize of $20,000.
CRITÉRIO DE ELEIÇÃO:
The Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award recognizes women photojournalists with a commitment to shining a light on important stories around the world through brave and compelling work. Please read the eligibility criteria and application guidelines carefully before proceeding to the online nomination form. Candidates for the Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award must:
- Work full-time as journalists; journalism must be a candidate’s primary vocation. Both freelance journalists and those affiliated with media organizations are eligible
- Identifique como mulheres
DIRETRIZES DE NOMEAÇÃO
- Todas as indicações devem incluir informações do candidato, amostras de trabalho e uma declaração de candidato / nomeação.
- The required work samples are 12 photographs that best represent the scope and style of the candidate’s work, within the context of challenging reporting environments.
- Each photograph must be accompanied by a caption describing the date, place, and situation captured.
- Photos must not be manipulated post-production. Photos must depict accurately the scenes and events captured. Photo collages and illustrations will not be accepted.
- Six (6) of the photos must have been taken within the past two years (2017-2019). The other six can be taken at any time during the candidate’s career.
- Submissions must include a candidate/nomination statement that does
not exceed 2 pages. The statement must answer the following questions:
- Que histórias o candidato conta através de suas fotos?
- Em que condições o candidato trabalha?
- Como as fotografias enviadas com essa indicação capturam o escopo do trabalho do candidato?
- Como a carreira e o trabalho do candidato refletem os valores de Anja Niedringhaus?
- Candidate statements must be written in English, French, or Spanish.
Para maiores informações: